Thank You For Your Partnership: Dedicated To Safety
DEDICATED TO SAFETY
From behind the wheel, to the dispatch office, to the maintenance shop, safety is our way of life. This year, we continued to face the pandemic, together. In addition to continuously reinforcing COVID-19 safety protocols, we took further steps to mitigate the spread of the virus and protect our communities.
- Internally, we created a COVID-19 resource page for our managers and continuously updated guidance according to recommendations from public health officials.
- To ensure our team members would be recognized for the essential services we provide, we wrote letters to governors asking for our transit workers to be included in the initial vaccine rollout.
- As the vaccine became available, we launched an internal COVID-19 vaccine campaign encouraging our employees to make the decision to get vaccinated to protect themselves, their loved ones, co-workers and the community. Through this campaign, we asked employees to submit their reason for getting vaccinated and raffled off gift cards to team members.
- Additionally, we continuously provided locations with signs and flyers with information from the CDC and Public Health Canada about the availability and safety of the vaccines.
- We also worked to address transportation barriers that may contribute to inequities in vaccine access. In many locations, we were able to work with our partners to provide free shuttle services to vaccine clinics.
Looking forward, we continue to prepare for the COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS) proposed by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) as well as the COVID-19 vaccine regulation announced by the federal government in Canada. We remain dedicated to keeping our team members, passengers and our communities safe. As we have throughout the pandemic, we continue to monitor and implement additional health and safety recommendations as they become available.
Without you, these efforts would not be possible. We thank you for working with us as we continue to provide safe, reliable mobility solutions.