Thank You For Your Partnership: Supportive Of Each Other
SUPPORTIVE OF EACH OTHER
At First Transit, we’re committed to a culture where all people are first. We believe in fostering an inclusive environment where everyone is empowered to share their perspectives, listen, and respect others.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Council, which is comprised of 30 individuals from across our organization, celebrated its one-year anniversary in 2021. As an organization that provides an essential service, we understand the important role we play across the diverse communities we serve and aim to provide equitable transportation solutions.
With compassion and mindfulness, our Diversity & Inclusion Council has engaged with our employees, customers and communities over this past year and is continually learning how we can improve and sustain an inclusive culture and better meet the needs of the communities we serve.
This past year, our Diversity & Inclusion Council:
- Launched an employee charitable giving program in partnership with three non-profit organizations focused on addressing inequities.
- Strengthened our corporate partnership with Conference of Minority Transportation Officials (COMTO) by providing a national scholarship, leading local chapter fundraising efforts, and serving in leadership positions for the Cincinnati chapter.
- Began a summer internship program and partnerships with Historically Black Colleges and Universities to recruit diverse talent.
- Sponsored the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center’s MLK Day Virtual Celebration and Conductor’s Award Gala.
- Created a Champion Awards program, which recognizes employees and locations who celebrate our commitment to D&I in the communities we serve.
- In partnership with our Talent Development team, created educational courses and training materials focused on diversity and inclusion in the workplace.