First Transit Unveils 'Paratransit Travel Companion' App
October 27, 2014
First Transit introduced its “Paratransit Travel Companion” Info-Client — a versatile and scalable mobile solution designed to keep passengers in touch with their paratransit service.
Using First Transit’s Info-Suite architecture, the secure mobile application allows passengers — from any smart mobile device or computer — to enter a unique ID and a personal password for a safe, secure connection to their service information
The Paratransit Travel Companion utilizes scheduling and real-time information from the transit authority’s scheduling systems. The information displayed can be customized by the transit authority, using their own branding. Passengers now have greater control over their trip information with this new self-service product. Further extending the usability of service within the hearing impaired community by offering alternatives to retrieving and accessing information, Info-Client will become yet another means of enhancing customer service and enriching the lives of our riders.
With eight available options, passengers can view such information as:
- Today’s and Future Day Trips - View basic trip information, including real-time estimates of vehicle arrival.
- Subscriptions - View a list of current services to which the passenger subscribes.
- Messages - Receive enterprise or personal messages regarding service status or possible disruptions.
- Personal Info - View basic client record information for review and confirmation.
- Find Me - By pressing the “Find Me” button, passengers send current coordinates to the call center which can be viewed on a map and communicated to a driver.
- Info - View Transit Authority and call center contact information, local Transit Planner site links and Twitter and Facebook page access.
- Send Us Your Comments - Send comments about the service to a designated location within the company.