Mass Transit Recognizes 7 First Transit Employees in "Top 40 Under 40"
FOR RELEASE September 30, 2010
Contact: Timothy Stokes
First Transit Employees Recognized by Mass Transit Magazine
Publication names seven First Transit employees to its
2010 “Top 40 Under 40” list.
CINCINNATI—Mass Transit Magazine recently recognized seven First Transit employees as part of its annual “Top 40 Under 40” list. The award recognizes professionals who have made significant contributions to the industry, demonstrated strong leadership skills and shown a capacity for innovation.
“It is an honor to recognize these employees for their accomplishments both within our organization and the industry,” said Brad Thomas, president, First Transit and First Services. "Their dedication and leadership is an asset to First Transit. It is reflected in their tireless work to provide safe and reliable transportation services to our customers.”
First Transit “Top 40 Under 40” recipients include:
- Ben Capelle, director of Clermont Transportation Connection, Clermont County, Ohio
- Joseph Comerford, executive director of the Estuary Transit District, Centerbrook, Conn.
- Robb Howell, general manager of Potomac and Rappahannock Transportation Commission, Woodbridge, Va.
- Ryan Minges, director of transit solutions, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Brad Underwood, executive director of Texoma Area Paratransit System, Sherman, TX
- Michael Whitten, executive director of Manchester Transit Authority, Manchester, N.H.
- Lloyd Williams, assistant director of operations for Sun Metro, El Paso, Texas
More than 150 professionals were nominated by their peers for this award. Winners are showcased in the September/October edition of Mass Transit, as well as online at www.masstransitmag.com.
About First Transit
First Transit, Inc. - a division of Cincinnati, Ohio-based FirstGroup America - is a leading provider of transit management and contracting services. With more than 50 years of experience, First Transit operates and manages nearly 11,000 buses for transit authorities, state and federal agencies, municipal organizations and private companies across North America. The safety and security of its passengers is the company’s core value, and FirstGroup America was awarded the National Safety Council’s 2009 Green Cross for Safety Medal in recognition of its commitment to safety and outstanding safety record. For more information, visit www.firsttransit.comor follow the company on Twitter at http://twitter.com/FirstGrpAmerica.