Diversity and Inclusion
Advancing A Culture Where All People Are First
“First Transit understands and values the diversity of the people that we move from place to place and that is why our Diversity & Inclusion Council is committed to fostering a workforce reflective of the diversity of our clients.
We firmly believe that People are first and that includes both our employees and our ridership. First Transit, through its continued commitment to Diversity & Inclusion, will achieve and foster an environment where all employees feel welcomed and valued which will support our future growth and commitment to the diverse communities that we serve.”
Associate General Counsel
Diversity & Inclusion Council
In 2020, we launched our Diversity & Inclusion Council to further our efforts to create an environment where all people are first - empowering everyone to share their perspectives, listen, and respect others. Our Diversity & Inclusion Council, which is comprised of more than 30 individuals from across our organization, is focused on identifying and addressing inequities.
- We aspire to have a culture where all people are first.
- We strive to attract and develop a diverse workforce by promotion teamwork and embracing cultural differences.
- We all play a role in advancing an inclusive environment where everyone is empowered to share their perspectives, listen and respect others.
- We will achieve this by our leadership fostering a people focused environment and engaging with our employees, customers and communities
- In doing so, we will sustain an inclusive culture that supports future growth and fulfills our social responsibility.
Community Involvement: To celebrate our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the communities we serve. We will achieve positive and measurable outcomes with our customers, passengers, suppliers, and other stakeholders through strategic partnerships.
Development of Talent & Training: To create a high-performing, sustainable organization that meets its strategic and operational goals and objectives by leveraging diverse talent. We do this by attracting, developing, motivating and retaining a workforce that is a reflection of the communities we serve.
Employee Experience & Communication: To create and sustain a welcoming work environment where everyone can bring their best self to work. We do this through executing a comprehensive communication and engagement strategy that improves the employee experience at every level of the organization.
The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.
Together, Our Workplace And Communities Can Thrive
"I am proud of the impact the Council has had on our organization. When we started the Council, we aimed to create a space for listening and action. The team members on the Council provide honest and transparent feedback on the state of our organization and what we can do to improve and build a more inclusive and supportive culture. I know the Council’s efforts will continue to positively shape the future of First Transit/First Vehicle Services.”
CEO of First Transit and First Vehicle Services
“Fostering a welcoming environment where people are first and every team member feels supported is vital to our ability to properly serve our communities and care for our employees. Our D&I Council is allowing us to see where we can develop a more inclusive culture, adapt our learnings for the current and future workforce and focus on addressing inequities in our communities. I am grateful for the team’s dedication and commitment.”
COO of First Transit
- The essential work we provide couldn’t be done without our team members sharing their perspectives, exploring new ideas and creating real, positive change. Start your career journey with us today!
- We are committed to strengthening the communities we serve through partnerships with disadvantaged local businesses (DBE). Learn how to become one of our preferred DBE vendors.