Rail Service Provider
First Transit is a seasoned transportation and railway company, and has the experience, capability, and flexibility to meet the requirements of a demanding rail environment. We have an unparalleled breadth of experience gained from safely operating all types of rail transportation services, bring industry-leading best practices from both American and European railways. Our attention to detail, safety, and quality will provide a dedicated and transparent partnership, exceptional customer service, and quality rail operations.
Drawing on both international and domestic expertise, our rail division is a major rail network operator with over 30 years’ rail experience, currently managing, operating, and dispatching all types of railway including high speed rail, passenger rail services, hybrid, light rail, short and long distances, and streetcar/trolley. We have over 10,000 employees across our rail businesses, and we operate trains out of more than 400 stations, transporting 260 million passengers.
We are in partnerships with industry leaders and local stakeholders to provide better rail services, keeping people moving and communities prospering.
A few of our clients include:
- Denton County Transportation Authority (DCTA) A-train—Denton, Texas
- City of El Paso Streetcar—El Paso, Texas
- Memphis Area Transit Authority (MATA) Streetcar—Memphis, Tennessee
- Great Western Railway (GWR)—Southwest England
- Transport for London / Tram Operations Limited (TOL)—London, England
We firmly believe that First is best placed to deliver your service requirements and are ready to take on the challenges of providing the highest quality rail operations for your customers.
What We Offer
First Transit provides our clients with dependable, forward-thinking and progressive transportation services. Led by our Executive Rail Team of dedicated railroad professionals, our diverse experience enables us to provide industry-leading operations in the following areas:
- Train Operations and Dispatch Control
- Safety, Security, and Regulatory Compliance
- Operational Analysis, Risk Management, and Financial Efficiency
- Ticketing Solutions and Journey Planning
- Passenger Experience and Customer Satisfaction
- Marketing and Ridership Growth
- Maintenance of Equipment
- Right of Way Management and Priority Signaling
- Quality Assurance and Enterprise Asset Management
- Community Stations and Facility Oversight
The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.